You know that quote…
The one that goes: “You will be the same person in five years as you are today except for the people you meet and the books you read.” – Charlie “Tremendous” Jones
It’s one of my favorites … and since I’ve been spending a little more time at home, I’ve been able to dive back into some of my favorite books!
I thought I’d share a list of some of my all-time favorite health, wellness, and mindset books … and why I love them so much.
- You are a Badass by Jen Sincero. The author is funny and totally relatable on a lot of levels. She offers tips to help you narrow your focus to what’s important – and letting go of what’s not.
- Atomic Habits by James Clear. Again, super relatable advice but this is about building habits. It’s very practical and doesn’t require you to overhaul your entire life all at once. Love that!
- Can’t Hurt Me by David Goggins. The author tells the inspirational story of how he overcame a childhood of abuse and low self-esteem to become a Navy SEAL (as well as a world-record-breaking endurance athlete and motivational speaker).
Note: The audiobook has even more motivating content. But you probably won’t want to listen to it in front of the kids, because of the mature language.
- The Omnivore’s Dilemma by Michael Pollan. This book has been a bestseller for years. It isn’t necessarily a self-development book, but it’s a great guide to our food supply system, to help you make better informed decisions (and why those decisions matter!).
- The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth by John Maxwell. This one is a stand-out, and if you’ve ever read it, you’ll find yourself reading it over and over again because it’s SO good. If you need some inspiration right now, I’d start with this one.
There’s a lot more, but that’s a solid list to get you started!
Do you have any favorite health, fitness or mindset books? I’d love to see your list!
Hope you have an amazing day!